Sunday, March 14, 2021

Dont Bury Me On The Weekend by Joe Kidd

If I die on Monday
Run the vacuum if you can
If I die on Tuesday
Put the Tacos in the pan
If I die on Hump day
And my humping days are through
Say I prayer for me on Sunday
That's all I ask of you

If I die on Thursday
Take the trash out to the street
Dress me up in my cowboy boots
There's some friends I'd like to meet
If I die on Friday
Prop me up there on my stool
And let Saturday be my day
I promise I'll be Cool

Just don't bury me on the weekend
That's the days I love the best
And let me keep on soaking it up
Before I lay down to rest
I've got too many things to do
Now brother, that's a fact
Don't bury me on the weekend
Cos, I cant live with that




Joe Kidd published his first book of verse titled The Invisible Waterhole on May 31, 2020.  In the 10 months following, his poems have been published in 14 journals and websites, and one poem was nominated for the Pushcart Prize.  

Joe is a multi award winning songwriter including Detroit Songwriter of the Year, Global Folk Song of the Year, Clouzine Magazine Folk Song of the Year, and others.

Joe and his partner Sheila Burke have received certificates from the Michigan Governor's Office and the U.S. House of Representatives for their work to promote Peace, Social Justice, and Cultural Diversity.  They have toured across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Western Europe.


Author Page:
https://www.amazon.com/Joe-Kidd/e/B089QYDXSM
Official Website:
www.joekiddandsheilaburke.com
The Invisible Waterhole Face Book Page:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Invisible-Waterhole-105236244650339/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Magic Woman By Alexis Child

I carve a voodoo doll out of wax Hold a lighter to its chest It's hot, hot, hot She's lost her heart Her lovely head And beautiful l...