Sunday, March 21, 2021

I’m Your Biggest Fan by Dan Holt

He had me 
locked in an
endless handshake and
he was talking 
so close that
spittle was hitting
my face

As he talked
he gestured with
the glass of
beer in his
other hand splashing
it all over
himself and the
floor and my
shoes

I kept thinking
how do I
get this guy
to let go
of my hand
so I can 
get a glass 
of gin To 
kill all these 
germs he is
spitting In my
mouth

It’s always the
big drunk guy
who pushes his 
way to the front

From his book Blank Canvas on Bloody Pavement




Dan Holt is blues singer/songwriter/recording artist, poet and fiction author from a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. He has produced 11 albums of original music along with various singles and eps. Like most writers, his work has been published in various online and print journals. After many years away from the poetry scene, Dan has returned to writing poetry in 2021.







No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...