Friday, May 7, 2021

My Day in Court by Daniel S. Irwin

Grasping for one last excuse
As to why I was in court
Charged with public intoxication,
I told the judge that I had been
Abducted by aliens and forced
To ingest massive quantities of
Fine liquor and beer.
Sucker that he was, he said
That he was going to protect me
From those horrible creatures
And ordered that I be
Permitted to enter his personal
‘Fortress of Solitude’
For sixty days.




Daniel S. Irwin, native of Sparta, Illinois (St. Louis area east of the river not Chicago), has had work published in over one hundred magazines and literary journals world wide.

Author of nine books…some frequently seen at local church book burnings.  Recent work can be found in/at Horror, Sleaze. Trash magazine, Beatnik Cowboy,

The Dope Fiend Daily and one here at The Rye Whiskey Review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...