Saturday, June 26, 2021

WITH NIGHT by Roger Singer

I got the warm
of the jive
in my
snapping
fingers
while whiskey
cracks the ice
in my glass
releasing words
soaked up in the flow
of the man
and his brass
talking to me
pulling at the
the seat under me
working the song
into my ears
while cutting a shadow
of my feet
on the floor
making a
slide come alive
here late
with night
and you.

 


Dr. Singer has had over 1,200 poems published on the internet, magazines and in books and is a Pushcart Award Nominee.  Some of the magazines that have accepted his poems for publication are:  Westward Quarterly, Jerry Jazz, SP Quill, Avocet, Underground Voices, Outlaw Poetry, Literary Fever, Dance of my Hands, Language & Culture, The Stray Branch, Tipton Poetry Indigo Rising, Down in the Dirt, Fullosia Press, Orbis, Penwood Review, Subtle Tea, Ambassador Poetry Award, Massachusetts State Poetry Society.  Louisiana State Poetry Society Award.  Readers Award Orbis Magazine 2019.  Arizona State Poetry Award 2020.
Mad Swirl Anthology 2018, 2019.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Magic Woman By Alexis Child

I carve a voodoo doll out of wax Hold a lighter to its chest It's hot, hot, hot She's lost her heart Her lovely head And beautiful l...