Sunday, June 27, 2021

At the Bar by Sanjeev Sethi

(1)

Yesterday, after years --
when you sauntered towards me
in a burnished strapless bodice,
your auburn hair still pampered...
I realized chemicals are liable for love.

(2)

Because I was alone
you felt entitled to intrude.
I’m not anti-people --
my point is against  presumptions.

(3)

After years of drinking,
alone in dives --
I’ve learned not to leer
at my left or right.

Your presence
with those sad restless eyes
ruined this refinement.



Sanjeev Sethi has authored four books of poetry. Bleb from Hybriddreich in Scotland is his latest release.  He is published in over thirty countries. His poems have found a home in more than 350 journals, anthologies, and online literary venues. He is the joint-winner of Full Fat Collection Competition-Deux, organized by The Hedgehog Poetry Press UK. He is in the top 10 of the erbacce prize 2021. He lives in Mumbai, India.

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...