Friday, July 16, 2021

Clear as Beer by Harris Coverley

She caught me in my underpants,
splayed on the floor,
reading the Beats
and scratching myself.
 
“You pig!” she screamed.
“Can’t you see you
have a drinking problem?!”
 
“My good woman,” I replied,
“you neither have faith
nor truly understand me...
 
I have no drinking
problem, but a
drinking solution!”



 Harris Coverley has verse published or forthcoming in Polu Texni, California Quarterly, Star*Line, Corvus Review, The Oddville Press, Better Than Starbucks, EgoPHobia, 5-7-5 Haiku Journal, Scarlet Leaf Review, and many others. He lives in Manchester, England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...