Monday, February 14, 2022

Dear Inspiration by Griffin James

Tonight, I need your hand around mine
to guide the words out of me, 
I need your soft lips on my temple
to remind me how to speak; 
each word feels better when you’re around
to stroke it out of me. 
Let your essence flow through me
and spill onto the carpet,
stain it like a coffee
knocked over by arms
struggling to wrap themselves 
around your back. 
I’ll wait patient, still, and here;
whatever it takes for you 
to return, to watch you 
step through the tired hinges 
of a door sighing with relief. 




Griffin is a writer and theatre maker based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Their work has appeared in multiple publications including The Windhover Literary Magazine, Roundabout Magazine, Inlandia Literary Journal, Carolina Muse Literary Magazine, and more. With a degree in English - Creative Writing from NC State University, Griffin has freelanced as a poet, playwright, content writer, and currently works as a managing editor. When not bopping between creative projects, Griffin can be found watching horror movies with their cat Mr. Mocha Latte. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...