Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Parked under the Moon By Tony Pena

That night in your car

when you let me touch

the scar on your belly

I wanted to savor you

like sipping scotch but

my lack of nerve ushered

in by the nag of a gargoyle

teetering on my shoulder,

insisting you were far

too classy for making

out in an automobile,

convincing the jury

of one I had to be

a gentleman or risk

losing a woman woven

like a fine gold linen.


So badly I wanted to be

weak of will and allow

my fingers to wander

up and cup your breasts,

angling to get beneath

your bra’s sheer lace

to feel your plush skin,

stretching my hand

like a concert pianist

straddling octaves

to rub your nipple till

staccato gasps conjure

up music hot enough for

stars to sweat a summer

rain in songs lovelorn

crickets know too well .







Tony Pena was selected as 2017-2018 Poet Laureate for the city of Beacon, New York. A new volume of poetry and flash fiction, "Blood and Beats and Rock n Roll," is available now at Amazon.  He also has a self published chapbook, "Opening night in Gehenna."  His publication credits include “Chronogram,”  "Dogzplot," "Gutter Eloquence," “Hudson Valley Transmitter,” "Red Fez," "Slipstream,"  "Underground Voices," "Zygote in my Coffee," and others. 

Colorful compositions and caterwauling with a couple of chords can be seen at:

Www.youtube.com/tonypenapoetry
Www.facebook.com/tonypenapoetry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kansas 1935 By Arvilla Fee

the wind blows through the cracks— cracks in the doors, the floors, cracks around the window sills; it wails like an injured animal, feral, ...