Monday, June 13, 2022

Flitered Flask By Robert Salinas


Liquor and coffee are weakened in its purest form 

To water, in which

I think of how the most heinous acts, 

Usually,

Are rooted in the guise of love


Passion breeds pain,

So in a world where we plainly would not live without water,

Stay hydrated


But instead 

I’ll guise my efforts

With those finite hours paced in the form of a 12oz black roast, with cream

And steady my finest hours in the form of a Jim Beam, neat


But hey, hydration







Robert is a married cat-owner who loves barbeque, iced coffee, breakfast tacos, the San Antonio Spurs, Tarantino flicks, po’boys, Disney, and writing about things he may, or may not, have experienced. He is a Texas native currently residing in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pentimento By Andrea Moore Johnson

The anticipation created anxiety or perhaps the unknown resulted in fear the outcomes so uncertain immediate and unfolding long after I am n...