Sunday, September 25, 2022

Delayed Teenage Angst by Scott Simmons

I’m not who I wanna to be for a reason. 
I don’t know who that really is.

Am I shitty writer? A failed artist?
Or just a mental stoner without any pot?

Oh, wait like all of those are basically the same thing.
So, guess I already kinda knew this shit then. 

Fuck, why couldn’t I be anything cooler? 





Scott Simmons is a poet, humorist, and a shitty artist from Houston Texas. He is also the editor of the Dope Fiend Daily and usually enjoys reading your submissions as little as possible.

His work has been featured in places such as The Rye Whiskey Review, Fearless, HST, Daune's Poetree, It Takes All Kinds, Off The Coast Magazine, The Black Shamrock, The Anti-Heroin chic, and Under The Bleachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-The Self-Righteous Sermon- By Nick Wentzel

Jazz guitar spills from the bar on the first room temperature night of the open mic.  Porch lights glow like artificial stars and a shameles...