Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The City Where I Live by Ian Lewis Copestick

The city where I live
is in the worst, most
deprived 20 % of the
country,

I've just read
that it's now known
as the ' monkey dust '
capital of the U.K.

If you haven't heard
of monkey dust.

Don't worry, I don't
know what it is either.

The city where I live
used to be one of the
most prosperous in
the whole country.

We were known as
the potteries for a
reason.

Doulton, Wedgwood.

We were the world
leaders.

Well, the world
leaders in making
fancy pottery.

One of my first jobs
was in  ' pot bank '
As we called them.

In a factory churning
out plates, teapots,
teacups, saucers,
etc.

Now, they've all
closed down.

They outsourced the
work to Malaysia.

I've got nothing
against anyone
from Malaysia,
or anywhere.

It's just a shame,
that's all. 





Ian Lewis Copestick is a 49 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...