Friday, September 8, 2023

THIS WRITER HAS BEEN DRINKING by Bradford Middleton

The typer has been drinking
But it’s me sat here writing and for
That I’m truly grateful as that means
7 new poems in the last 27 drunken
Hours.
The drunk me screams
Can I get to bed yet but not right now
The stoned one always replies
Always shouting back, go on
You got to have 1 more before
That blessed bed beckons and the
Dreaded thought that tomorrow is
Just another day at work...




Bradford Middleton, sadly, still lives in Brighton but last week he had a nervous breakdown, quit his job so who knows where he’ll be if you ever get to read these poems.  You can do 2 things to help; first, buy my book, out now from Alien Buddha Press, or two, contact me if you got a spare room or a million quid to spare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...