Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Black Magic Woman By Alexis Child


I carve a voodoo doll out of wax

Hold a lighter to its chest

It's hot, hot, hot

She's lost her heart

Her lovely head

And beautiful legs

She is melting 

I am intrigued

By the hot stench 

Like rotten fruit

She burns 

Why this curse? 

Like wet dirt

And burning tears

With only thoughts of you?


Why am I so cruel sticking

Your face with pins?

I visited the Witch Doctor

She shrunk my heart instead

Shouting gibberish to the wind

The pain you gave I give back

To you like the many phases

Of the moon

And now you change your tune

Because I haunted you

What a bittersweet romance

Must-a been my voodoo

With magic so black


The powers of Marie Laveau

Shatter your mirror

In the voodoo doll's dance

The candles are lit on the altar

The pins go in and out

The wax becomes hotter and hotter

I watch you scream and shout

Voodoo smoke fills your lungs

I grip your pulse and my heart beats

Like primitive African drums

As I watch you melt

Tasting sin, malice and fear

You are nothing but wax puddles

And you are never coming back







Alexis Child hails from Toronto, Canada; home to dreams and nightmares. Besides having rare mystical experiences she hopes are not just short circuits in the brain, she offers Tarot Readings and writes dark poetry and fiction, starving in the garret with her muse. A starving child is a frightful sight. A starving vampire is even worse. Please donate non-perishable food items and B-negative blood (and make it a double!).

Alexis’ poetry and fiction has been featured in numerous online and print publications. Her debut poetry collection, Devil in the Clock, is available on Amazon. Her third collection of poetry, Exquisite Corpse, is set to be released in the future.

Please visit Alexis’ YouTube Channel: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...