Saturday, May 25, 2024

It’s Not Like By Daniel S. Irwin

 

It’s not like
I don’t have
A reason
To live.
I just can’t
Remember
What it is.


Or is it that
I actually,
For real,
Have no
Reason to live.
What would I
Be doing with a
Reason to live?


If I really knew
What life
Was all about,
I wouldn’t need
Another drink.
Then again,
Maybe I would

 



Daniel S. Irwin, native of Southern Illinois (such as it is).  Artist, writer, actor, soldier, scholar, priest among other things.

Work published in over one hundred magazines and journals worldwide.  Has appeared in over one hundred films. 

Speaks fluent gibberish when loaded.  Not much into blowing his own horn as you are only as good as your latest endeavor.

Once turned to religion but Jesus just walked away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

DRIFTING UP By Roger Singer

while walking in the dark inhaling the aroma of night I threw a few words into the sky   a collection of dust particles vapors and thoughts ...