Saturday, June 8, 2024

A sober drink By Joshua knickerbocker


I took a break from drinking

Don't curl your lips upward

Or show me your crow’s feet

I'm serious this time


I had some friends in town 

They'll understand

Maybe without your laugh

No pressure


So…

Maybe just one

In-N-Out

I promise


Even better

I'll get there early

Have one before I go in

Help loosen the nerves


I'd tell you a longer story

But

This is all I remember

From last night





I've spent 19 years as an emergency advanced nurse practitioner, watching the weak, poor, rich, entitled, sad and everything in between. Feeling the daily whip of life cut anyone and everyone. I still provide emergency care, but spend my days teaching college these days, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DRIFTING UP By Roger Singer

while walking in the dark inhaling the aroma of night I threw a few words into the sky   a collection of dust particles vapors and thoughts ...