Friday, June 7, 2024

Sudden Loss of Electricity at Night By Trish Saunders


I see a few scattered lights in the blackness. 

I hear a faint train whistle; 

It makes me recall past summers.

Strange, thinking about all the nights 

that have passed in my life, like trying to

imagine the entire Atlantic Ocean at night.


Far away, a dog barks.

It’s getting late. 

I will call someone.








Trish Saunders lives in Seattle. Her poems have been published or are forthcoming  In Pacifica Poetry Review, The Rye Whiskey Review, Crossroads Magazine, Silver Birch Press, the American Journal of Poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DRIFTING UP By Roger Singer

while walking in the dark inhaling the aroma of night I threw a few words into the sky   a collection of dust particles vapors and thoughts ...