Thursday, June 6, 2024

Stranger By Wayne F. Burke

lifting my head up
off of the bar,
I propel myself up
and out
the joint
and into the parking lot
and begin trying car doors
until one
opens and 
I stumble into the
backseat...
I wake in the morning
outside of a strange house
on a strange street
of unfamiliar shrubs, trees--strange
birds in the dizzy sky--
a strange man washing his car
in a driveway:
"Hey! Where am I?"
He does not know either.




Wayne F. Burke's poetry and prose has been widely published in print and online (including in THE RYE WHISKEY REVIEW). He was nominated for a Pushcart by THE DOPE FIEND DAILY in 2022. He lives in Vermont (USA).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beethoven Knocking By Wendy Cartwright

The bows carve through my eardrums flossing wax from grey matter cleaning and preening those hard-to-reach spots that still hold the remnant...