Sunday, August 18, 2024

Situations By Daniel S. Irwin


Sometimes you get
These situations in life.
Wife says give up poker
Or she's gone.
Okay, bye bye chips.
Quit playing the ponies
Or she's gone.
Done bet my last hot tip.
Quit smoking cigarettes
Or she's gone.
I do miss my coffin nails.
Says to quit my drinking
Or she's gone.
I bought her new luggage.






Daniel S. Irwin, native of Southern Illinois (such as it is).  Artist, writer, actor, soldier, scholar, priest among other things.

Work published in over one hundred magazines and journals worldwide.  Has appeared in over one hundred films. 

Speaks fluent gibberish when loaded.  Not much into blowing his own horn as you are only as good as your latest endeavor.

Once turned to religion but Jesus just walked away. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Beethoven Knocking By Wendy Cartwright

The bows carve through my eardrums flossing wax from grey matter cleaning and preening those hard-to-reach spots that still hold the remnant...