Friday, September 13, 2024

Double Tap By Michael E. Duckwall

 Sick smile, angry eyes. A bloody machete

in the skull of another who's no longer alive.


Undead friends are the hardest to kill. Still

I can't take names, I can't refrain, I might be insane.


These undead family, friends and enemies.

All of them are out to get me! My machete drips


crimson red. The infected, undead now dead

walking this earth no longer. My eyes won't unsee


what they've now seen. My smile is no more

I am still angry. I guess I need another drink


to forget this ever happened. Then the judge

drops the gavel and the jury doesn't think


insanity fits the bill. Locked away, because the dead

came to life and I had to kill, t’was an adrenaline thrill.


Crimson red from toe to head

double taps for good measure. 




Michael E. Duckwall was born and raised in the Ohio Valley. He was a featured poet at the 10th and final Gonzofest in Louisville Ky. Michael’s first chapbook of poetry "The Ramblings of a Recovering Poet" was published by Pure Sleeze Press last July and recently had an illustrated chapbook “7.2 SkullQuake” published by Cajun Mutt Press. He also had his work included in a limited edition handmade chapbook “Kraken Nuts” co-authored with Chad M. Horn. Michael has had his poetry, artwork and photography in a handful of magazines and anthologies, along with numerous online features.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beethoven Knocking By Wendy Cartwright

The bows carve through my eardrums flossing wax from grey matter cleaning and preening those hard-to-reach spots that still hold the remnant...