Monday, June 25, 2018

Eye For An Eye   by Ahmad Al-Khatat

 

Before i had my hope in a jar  
Suddenly, this far fall off my hands
When I heard the sound of death
Hope flew with my youngblood  
Without the desire to come back  

Since then i started hunting  
Negativity in the darkness  
Falling into holes of fears
People were closing their  
Doors by my open wounds  

Nobody wanted to stop me
From walking to the mist of fire
My foots were dancing on the  
Flames ‘cause my hands were
Numbs to get to the heaven  

The stranger ‘tween you  
And me, it’s only myself alone
You sleep under the light of  
The world meanwhile I am  
Awake till you take me away  

A ghost from your wishes
Filled my tongue with blood
As if a Samurai sword have  
Slaughtered my fragile voice
‘Fore I say eye for an eye  

One drop of rain fits all
Although, we are still thirsty  
One dance and one word
Blooms one ring with my  
Heart in the little diamond






Ahmad Al-Khatat was born in Baghdad on May 8th. From Iraq, he came to Canada at the age of 10, the same age when he wrote his very first poem back in the year 2000. He also has been published in several press publications and anthologies all over the world and currently studies Political Sciences, at the Concordia University in Montreal. He has recently published his first chapbook “The Bleeding Heart Poet” with Alien Buddha Press. It is available for sale on Amazon. Most of his new and old poems are also available on his official page Bleeding Heart Poet on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...