Friday, September 14, 2018

Getting Word. by Ryan Quinn Flanagan 



I get word
that another old friend
had died

drugs again

when you never had many friends
these things add up

no one discovered him for over a week
the mother is inconsolable

I don’t raise a glass anymore
there is nothing to
celebrate

not life or death
or anything

just these simple black keys
here beside me
bashing the next one
out.





Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a Canadian-born author residing in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada with his wife and many bears that rifle through his garbage.  His work can be found both in print and online in such places as: Evergreen Review, The New York Quarterly, The Rye Whiskey Review, Outlaw Poetry Network, Horror Sleaze Trash, The Dope Fiend Daily and In Between Hangovers.

1 comment:

  1. That's how most if not all writers deal with grief, "bashing the next one out," I dig it.

    ReplyDelete

My Old Self By Dan Provost

What I wouldn’t give to have us sitting in a bar again at 9:00 AM—Telling lies to one another, far from God.   Dan Provost's poetry has ...