Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My Muse. By Wolf Kevin Martin





Muse with moon eyes

chases butterflies during the day

moths by night

following rainbows

tied a ribbon around my finger

her stories give me life

our souls sit back to back

y’all like sins companion

drunkard tongue is good
for my mind to find courage

a fool for every fool

My tears burn

glass eyed focus glancing

your direction pieces of puzzles

dancing out of reach are idle idealist

Hating this fucking job i do

chasing rainbows over ridges and hills and slums sins and souls jump from bridges over weeds of the side of the turn fork where my lady thinks I did wrong as she’s finally in love as my ax and one hour of sinking sunlight breaking trail with little bits of coinage and no cash In my hand everything is shit and living for tonight right now with hopeful embraces future sun kisses on my cheek

feel
your
ghost
breathing
on
my neck
the real truth
laid down
for
ever
my truth
is
forbidden
knowledge
led by forbidden nibbles
on skin made for that purpose
To be consumed with an affiable
nature for a soul that burned in
antique sand of gods dust choking
the lungs of antique brazen idol
the look of a lioness, a bunny, a fox a vixen licking blood from..
Whether you save me or not my ghost and shadow hid a long time ago in the hills behind your green eyes the eventual mania nibbles behind an ear that equals
tingling heaven

lost
you
for
a smile

another
stranger

intends
on
blocking
shadows

never trusting
others
apologizing
shallow breath

more than i can
prove waking up
on the ground under
dew and morning
light red and foxcolmb
red
delights
dressed
as
what
you
hate
apologize for
my lies

they are more than I can prove




Wolf, Kevin Martin, is from North Carolina and a regular contributor to the Arrival Magazine in Winston Salem, NC.  Amateur photographer and poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AN UNSENT LETTER TO BUKOWSKI By Brenton Booth

                The year you died   I was just a teenager, cold and confused: the fire extinguished long ago. I would  soon turn to the word...