Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Single Track. by Linda Stevenson



I walk through my own heart
only heart on the block,
wavering, unsteady, but there’s
the single track homeless, home.
I feel she needs to be still
soon, travesties from dead acts
stricken her, every now then
she buckles like a bronchial challenge,
a chest crying for bedrest.
Arms, yes they too press on me,
as I might have preferred a ladybug’s
wings. Afternoons I wait on
soundings, heart bleeding out
light, a drained shotglass.




 Linda Stevenson is a poet/painter living in Melbourne, Australia. Her recent poems have appeared in Eureka Street, Bluepepper, North of Oxford, the Outlaw Poetry Network and many other journals and anthologies.

3 comments:

To the actor portraying Federico Garcia Lorca By Trish Saunders

On the afternoon of the day the Spanish poet was murdered, you sat in the safety of your overstuffed armchair, fanned yourself with dead pal...