Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Single Track. by Linda Stevenson



I walk through my own heart
only heart on the block,
wavering, unsteady, but there’s
the single track homeless, home.
I feel she needs to be still
soon, travesties from dead acts
stricken her, every now then
she buckles like a bronchial challenge,
a chest crying for bedrest.
Arms, yes they too press on me,
as I might have preferred a ladybug’s
wings. Afternoons I wait on
soundings, heart bleeding out
light, a drained shotglass.




 Linda Stevenson is a poet/painter living in Melbourne, Australia. Her recent poems have appeared in Eureka Street, Bluepepper, North of Oxford, the Outlaw Poetry Network and many other journals and anthologies.

3 comments:

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...