Friday, February 5, 2021

Steve Harvey Just Didn’t See You Like I Saw You by A.S. Coomer

I saw you on the Family Feud,
face made up, white, combed hair.
The same little lines
running like deltas from your eyes
that sweep streaked streets across my own bleak cheeks.
The mouth, seemingly empty,
without your accustomed rewetting drink,
seemed to call out to me, here,
miles away from wretched Atlanta
and the hot lights and red-eyed cameras
and the clapping and cheering audience.
You told Steve Harvey you were looking
for a husband. You told him you liked to gamble. 
I could see you, Jean Rae, 
visor-capped, eagle-eyed,
one wrinkled hand wrapped around the soggy napkin
hugging the sweating, casino house rum & coke,
the other gripped, white knuckled and sure, 
on the waxed and shining lever 
of the slot machine,
flashing and blinking and coaxing and singing.
I saw you there with your three daughters,
all blonde but working towards the white
gracing your crown
and knew
I could be the bet,
so long, so great in odds,
so set to break the bank
and maybe win y’all that car,
but, really, just for you.




A.S. Coomer is a writer and musician. Books include Memorabilia, The Fetishists, Shining the Light, The Devil's Gospel, The Flock Unseen, and others. He runs Lost, Long Gone, Forgotten Records, a "record label" for poetry. @ascoomer www.ascoomer.com www.ascoomer.bandcamp.com

8 comments:

  1. Great feature on A.S. Coomer’s short story "Steve Harvey Just Didn’t See You Like I Saw You"! Coomer’s gritty, poetic voice and keen eye for small-town realism and human heartbreak shine through in this piece, balancing absurd pop-culture references with raw emotional depth. When streaming high-bitrate indie author interviews, audio story narrations, or literary breakdown vlogs on mobile devices, unexpected video buffering can interrupt your listening flow. Updating your setup with the xuper tv streaming app helps keep high-definition video streams playing smoothly without random app crashes. Fantastic contemporary literature spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome spotlight on A.S. Coomer! What makes Coomer’s prose so memorable is that distinct Southern gothic, blue-collar edge that grounds even the most oddly titled stories in genuine vulnerability and sharp social commentary. Finding high-definition book review channels, live indie author readings, or literary podcast streams online can get frustrating when dealing with messy directories and broken links. Utilizing structured options like the ixuper tv live online stream makes discovering organized video content and live media feeds so much easier for avid readers. Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid review of A.S. Coomer's work! Exploring the contrast between pop media spectacle—like Family Feud or daytime television—and the quiet, lived realities of everyday people is where Coomer truly excels as a storyteller. When watching extended author discussion panels or streaming creative writing breakdowns onto larger laptop displays or secondary screens while reading, maintaining proper video player scaling is key. Setting up a reliable media environment via xuper tv download ensures the player UI scales accurately across different display sizes without formatting glitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed reading your commentary on "Steve Harvey Just Didn’t See You Like I Saw You"! It’s wonderful seeing underground fiction and independent press authors get the recognition they deserve for pushing the boundaries of short fiction. Whether rewatching classic author reading retrospectives or tuning into live broadcast arts and literature channels on the go, having a solid aggregated connection via xuper tv apk gives viewers a clean feed during peak hours without sudden buffering drops. Thank you for sharing this stellar literary feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this piece on Steve Harvey. The title immediately caught my attention, and I liked the way the post approaches the subject from a more personal and reflective angle. Articles about entertainers are often most interesting when they go beyond the public image and look at the experiences that shape their careers and relationships. I enjoy reading this kind of entertainment commentary, and after catching up on posts like this, I sometimes browse Eespacio APK for something different. An interesting and thought-provoking read overall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an interesting perspective on Steve Harvey and the way public figures can sometimes be viewed very differently by different audiences. I appreciate posts that encourage readers to look beyond the usual headlines and consider the personal side of an entertainer’s career. The subject also makes for a good reminder that there is usually more context behind a public story than what we see at first glance. After reading entertainment discussions like this, I sometimes take a break with Descargar Magis TV and browse for something to watch. Thanks for sharing this perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found this post quite engaging, especially because it focuses on a side of Steve Harvey that invites a little more thought than a typical celebrity profile. Personal stories and career experiences can reveal interesting details about how entertainers are perceived over time. I also like reading older entertainment posts because they often provide a snapshot of how a particular topic was being discussed at the time. When I’m finished with articles like this, I sometimes switch over to Youcine TV for some casual viewing. A worthwhile read and an interesting topic to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Smokers By Gary V. Powell

The brands they smoked, each man or woman a brand unto themselves, Camel, Winston, Kent, Viceroy. The ashtrays they placed on coffee and sid...