Friday, March 26, 2021

Nirvana by Terrence Sykes

I was sipping beer
in my water bottle 
to cure a Saturday hangover
too early on Sunday morning 
 
all the stores were still closed 
but I reached nirvana
at the local boarded up
suburban shopping strip





Terrence Sykes is a GASP Gay Alcoholic Southern Poet & was born and raised in the rural coal mining area of Virginia.  Although he is a far better cook &  gardener – his  poetry - photography - flash fiction has been published in India, Mauritius,Scotland, Spain and the USA. ..Other interests include heirloom vegetable research & foraging wild edibles .

No comments:

Post a Comment

AN UNSENT LETTER TO BUKOWSKI By Brenton Booth

                The year you died   I was just a teenager, cold and confused: the fire extinguished long ago. I would  soon turn to the word...