Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Getting Him Back By Michael Morell

 Last night my dog strolled

into the living room,

lifted his leg, and urinated

on the carpet.

Son of a bitch, I thought.

I jumped up off the couch,

walked outside to the yard,

and pissed in the doghouse.


(appeared in Silt Reader print journal – now defunct - late 1990s)




Michael Morell is a poet and photographer living just outside Philadelphia, PA. His work has appeared in such journals as Rattle, Slipstream, Modern Haiku, Failed Haiku, and elsewhere. Michael's book of Japanese short form poetry, leaf raking, was published in August 2019, by buddha baby press. In 2017 he earned a Master's degree in Applied Meditation Studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...