Monday, December 5, 2022

The Book and The Cover By Keith Pearson

Almost everyone in the place stands and points out the front window. Not me. I am trying to read the florid inked script on the back of the hand of the woman at the next table. She is perhaps the most beautiful woman I have ever seen with a blooming rose neck tattoo. She and her companion are discussing the slipping gear box in an late model Chevelle. I never do figure what it says on the back of her hand. Outside an ambulance has arrived to help someone who has fallen on the ice that is everywhere these days. Later when the tattooed woman rises to leave I see the slight bump beneath her Hello Kitty sweatshirt and hope she will be careful on the slippery walk outside. Careful everywhere.





Keith Pearson
I live in southern New Hampshire and works with special ed students at a local high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...