Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The University Bursary by George Anderson

After decades of squabbling amongst
government & local
& commercial environmental authorities

empty cans & bottles in my state now
retrospectively command 10 cents each.

I take my grand daughter to the garage
& use the remote to open it:

revealing countless thousands
of neatly bagged cans & bottles.

I say to her with a huge grin:
‘This should fund your university education!’

 

 

 



George Anderson edits the blog Bold Monkey Review: https://georgedanderson.blogspot.comHis latest chapbook The Beast With 3 Legs (2022) was published by Between Shadows Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...