Thursday, January 26, 2023

How to Run Work for Poets & Morons 101 by Scott Simmons

Today I read shitty submission after shitty submission.
After an hour or so passed I contemplated smashing my laptop.

Not because I cared about the clearly bleak future of literature.
Or any melodramatic horseshit like that.

But just because it's interrupting my cigarette break. 
For this “great” job that doesn’t pay me and that I waste all day on.

So, if I don’t get back to you then either the work probably sucked. 
Or I simply didn’t give a fuck and wrote this as a filler piece.




Scott Simmons is a poet, humorist, and a shitty artist from Houston Texas. He is also the editor of the Dope Fiend Daily and usually enjoys reading your submissions as little as possible.

His work has been featured in places such as The Rye Whiskey Review, Fearless, HST, Daune's Poetree, It Takes All Kinds, Off The Coast Magazine, The Black Shamrock, The Anti-Heroin chic, and Under The Bleachers

No comments:

Post a Comment

WINE WORDS by George Haecker

A riot of superlatives to make  Shakespeare blush, we  could choose from  citric persistence vivid aromas  chocolate hints rose petal scents...