Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Moment I Realized We Were Over By Skaja Evens  


“The next time I come over…” you said,

rattling on about something

 

I don’t remember what

I do recall thinking you’ll never see my home again

I don’t want you here

 

I cried enough tears for a lifetime

in only a matter of weeks

 

I see the brief spark, though once brilliant

fizzle out to become an occasional memory

 

That last phone call with you

drove in the final nail






Skaja Evens is a writer and artist living in Southeast Virginia. She runs It Takes All Kinds, a litzine published by Mōtus Audāx Press. She’s been published in various places, including Spillwords Press, Medusa’s Kitchen, Ink Pantry, Off the Coast, Synchronized Chaos, and Blue Pepper. She can often be found listening to music, considering the impossible, and enjoying her cats’ antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-The Self-Righteous Sermon- By Nick Wentzel

Jazz guitar spills from the bar on the first room temperature night of the open mic.  Porch lights glow like artificial stars and a shameles...