Saturday, April 8, 2023

TWO-THIRDS OF THE WAY THROUGH A BOTTLE OF WILD TURKEY,  MY NEIGHBOR SHARES A TALE OF WOE By David E. Poston


I felt like Ahab’s good leg, he says.

No matter how sturdy and dependable

I was, she never noticed.


To show her my undying love, 

I gave her a small hole 

wrapped in gold.


What could be sweeter,

than letting her 

break my heart again,


the way a surgeon might 

tenderly re-

break someone’s bone?







David E. Poston’s work has appeared recently or is forthcoming in Cider Press Review, Ibbetson Street, Main Street Rag, and Reedy Branch Review. He is a frequent book reviewer for Pedestal and a co-editor of Kakalak. To anyone who has a tale of woe, he will offer Wild Turkey and sympathy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Place on Earth For a Grinning Man By Troy Schoultz

With your morning coffee and french toast fritter. When the snow falls, its always Sunday With nothing to do, but look out the window Listen...