Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Two Thumbs Up by Ivan Jenson

I am politely
bowing out
without applause
cause I know
there will be
no standing ovation
or handshake
back slap
or heartfelt
congratulation
from anybody
other than
yours truly
the underdog
that one nobody
bet on anyway
because I was
underrated
under the radar
and always stood
under the rainbow
until I was
over the hill
now I am stepping out
of the matrix
I don't know about you
but I'm content
letting Keanu Reeves
get his kicks
while I just
kick back
chill and Netflix



Ivan Jenson is a fine artist, novelist and popular contemporary poet who lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan. 

His artwork was featured in Art in America, Art News, and Interview Magazine and has sold at auction at Christie’s. Amongst Ivan’s commissions are the final portrait of the late Malcolm Forbes and a painting titled “Absolut Jenson” for Absolut Vodka’s national ad campaign. His Absolut paintings are in the collection of the Spritmuseum, the museum of spirits in Stockholm, Sweden. Jenson’s painting of the “Marlboro Man” was collected by the Philip Morris corporation. 

His novels, Dead Artist and Seeing Soriah, illustrate the creative, often dramatic lives of artists. Jenson’s poetry is widely published (with over 1000 poems published in the US, UK and Europe) in a variety of literary media. He has published a poetry book, Media Child and Other Poems, and two novels, Marketing Mia and Erotic Rights. 

Mundane Miracles, his critically acclaimed poetry collection, hit number 1 on Amazon in American Poetry.

East of Ivan, his memoir, has continuously been on the Amazon Bestsellers list since its release. 

Ivan Jenson’s website: www.ivanjenson.com
Twitter: @IvanJenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...