Thursday, January 18, 2024

So, I Moved To This Strange Town To Die (DRINK UP!) By Kevin M. Hibshman


...or perhaps, not.

DRINK UP!


Lately I view death as a friend waffling about among the blind and belligerent who are sorely afflicted , helplessly addicted to lost causes.

DRINK UP!


I want to simply close my eyes and drift, slipping mortality's rusted chain from my ankle.

If I cannot fly, I just might try to swim.

DRINK UP!


I just want to rest, to ease the pounding in my head and in my chest.

DRINK UP!


No drugs, no sex, nor the desire to perspire.

DRINK UP!



I realize that I can't check out just yet.

Something great might lie ahead?

Find me a bar and a best friend to rent because liquor is expensive and my check's already spent

DRINK UP!








Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems published in many journals and magazines world wide.In addition, he has edited his poetry zine, Fearless, since 1990 and is the author of sixteen chapbooks including Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000) and Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011).

His current book Cease To Destroy from Whiskey City Press is currently available on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...