Thursday, May 23, 2024

in dreams all things are weightless by keith pearson


1

i have fallen down

half man half memory

curled in the corner

nursing at your breast

your hands so small

fitting easily at my throat.


2

my dreams shed their skin

again last night

crawling from my dark sleep

reaching for your clenched fist

touching instead your soft stomach

your hourglass shaped scar.

 

3

stuck deep in black water

having forgotten how to swim

trapped inside a padlocked box

you have carefully stored away

your finger on the switch of

the machine that keeps me alive.

 




keith pearson was born and raised in new hampshire and works at a local high school in the math department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DRIFTING UP By Roger Singer

while walking in the dark inhaling the aroma of night I threw a few words into the sky   a collection of dust particles vapors and thoughts ...