Monday, October 7, 2024

fuck By Chris Dean


It's 7am and I want to drink

I want to drown

I want to lose myself

in a haze of

fuck the world

fuck this shit

fuck my life

I want to drown

until I forgot my name

silence my mind

bury my soul at sea

until the booze tastes of tears

straight up, neat

until I'm as empty

as the bottle will be by noon




Chris Dean is a storyteller, spoken word artist and self-proclaimed Magpie Poet who writes from the heart of Indiana where they live with their husband, dog and too many cats to mention. 

Their work has been featured online, in multiple print anthologies and they are the author of two books of poetry, Tales From a Broken Girl and We're All Stories in the End, published by Storeylines Press. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

fuck By Chris Dean

It's 7am and I want to drink I want to drown I want to lose myself in a haze of fuck the world fuck this shit fuck my life I want to dro...