Tuesday, June 19, 2018

First Impression. by Matt Amott



I awake
the morning after.

Every muscle aches,
sunlight through
my window 
is like daggers
piercing my eyeballs,
my throat dry
except for the sticky 
taste of stale whiskey,
the sound 
of the ticking clock
echoes in my 
throbbing head
that can't recollect
all the details
of last night,
except that 
she agreed

to a second date!






Matt Amott is a poet, musician and photographer who wanders around the Pacific Northwest. He is co-founder and co-editor of Six Ft. Swells Poetry Press and has been published in numerous collections as well as two books of his own, THE COAST IS CLEAR (Six Ft. Swells Press) and GET WELL SOON (Epic Rites Press).  He can be reached and purchases made at afterhourspoetry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Suburb of Myself By Dan Provost

  I failed the beer philosophy of hidden pain, tried to twist tears with artistic motivation--- Exchanged drinking rights for lawnmower cho...