Tuesday, October 2, 2018

"another detail" by Rob Schackne



another detail
about clouds
why the un- really
makes us uneasy
when I was a kid
I used to think
all strange things
unique in form
fell from the sky
not belonging
to natural order
& the junk
no one wanted
just waiting
for someone
to pick up





Born in the US, I came to Australia in the early 70s. I worked on stations, in factories, and in mines. I was lucky that between bouts of this hard work I went to several universities and I could learn what I wanted. I've recently returned from Shanghai where I spent 15 years as a Foreign Expert English language teacher. I now live in country Victoria where I enjoy the blue sky and the fresh air and the birds. I take photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Room for Future Boxes - Angela M. Carter

I drove a twenty-foot U-Haul south on the interstate with the windows down,  sweat running into my eyes, beneath the brim of a trucker hat t...