Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Value Of A College Education by Scott Simmons

Hey wanna know a tip for the next time you use that english degree?
A.K.A when you're unclogging that toilet at Burger King, first think of a poet.

Then imagine he’s trying to hand you a poetry book through the bowl.
You’d be shocked how hard you're going to try plunging that shit straight back down.

Trust me it’s worked for me every single time,
But I’m glad that I didn’t actually have to read any of your work.

Now do something useful and make my sandwich.






Scott Simmons is the editor in chief of  The Dope Fiend Daily and his poetry has appeared at the Anti-herion chic, Medusa's kitchen, Duane's Poetry, Horror Sleaze Trash, Under The Bleachers, The Black Shamrock Magazine, and The Abyss.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirited Away By Ken Gierke

No wet blanket, it kept her dry. Bottle or can, didn’t matter. Kept her warm. Inside. Where it matters. Until it didn’t let her forget what ...