Wednesday, October 28, 2020

SINCE WHEN HAS A POEM BECOME A WRITE by Jay Passer

instant poets, just add arrogance and

social media platform persistence


look at, listen to, me me me

I insist that I’m important!

 

to a zero-profit market

it don’t hurt to be marginalized


it’s not the strength of line

nor command of style


but how well I can convince

you of my caprice and cleverness


in a world where posting a poem

is as easy as jerking off


usually the result is the same

come clean, a hot shower after


gratification comes with a price

plus a significant number of likes






Jay Passer's work has appeared in print and online since 1988. He is the author of several chapbooks and has appeared in a bunch of anthologies. His latest collection, Prelude to the Culling, 2020, from Alien Buddha Press, is available at Amazon. is available at Amazon. Passer lives and works in San Francisco, the city of his birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...