Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Work Ethic by Ian Lewis Copestick

Sometimes I
wonder, "Do I
really miss
working? "
And then I
think. " Am I
fucking insane? "

The camaraderie,
the laughs, yes
I can see how I'd
miss that.

But the awful, hard
work, the sweat, and
the pain. Do I really
want to go through
that again?

Having said that
though it does
help your self esteem,
being a worthwhile
member of society, but
fuck that!
No!
It's just brainwashing,
conning the working
class to what we should
do!
I'm just as good a person
not working, as I am when
I am.




Ian Lewis Copestick is a 48 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...