Monday, March 27, 2023

 In His Own Image By Ian Lewis Copestick


There's
Just one
Question
I've got to
Ask.

If God made
Man in his
Own image,

Then why are
We the only
Creatures on
God's green
Earth that
Have to do
Something as
Disgusting as
Wipe our arses ?

Dogs, cats, even
Fucking rats are
Allowed to have
More dignity than
That.

I think that God
Must hate us.

That's why we
Have to lose our
Dignity, at least
Once every day.

It's just one more
Reason why I am
Not a Christian. 




Ian Lewis Copestick is a 49 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.





No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...